Healthy Banana & Walnut Cake
100g Wholemeal flour (or gluten free if preferred)
85g Coconut flour
75g Coconut oil
3 Ripe bananas
8-10 Dates (pitted & soaked in hot water to soften)
1 Large egg
5g Baking powder
3g Sea salt
15ml Apple cider vinegar
45ml Warm water
1 Handful of walnuts
Sprinkling of Chia seeds / Coconut sugar (optional)
1 Tbsp of honey/syrup/agave nectar
- Line a loaf tin with coconut oil/butter/any alternative.
- Pre-heat oven to 180C
- Blend dates, walnuts, banana, egg and melted coconut oil until smooth.
- Add the flour, baking powder, & sea salt and blend.
- Add water and vinegar & pulse wet & dry ingredients together to form a squidgy dough.
- Spread evenly throughout greased loaf tin
- Sprinkle chia seeds /coconut sugar/ walnuts on top
- Bake for approx. 55minutes
- Leave to cool,
- Slice & enjoy either on its own or with jam/peanut butter/ sliced bananas.